Sunday, August 24, 2008

What do the Error codes mean in the DVDNow Kiosks

Here is a list of error codes for your DVDNow machine..


S100 Error Codes
For Kiosks with Firmware > 0.81
During Initialization
81, 82: A DVD is in the exchange box or something is blocking the front and back sensors in the exchange box.
83: The spring loaded exchange door can not move freely.
86: Vertical Jam. A DVD might be pushed out of the rack plate causes the vertical movement jam.
104: Exchange door can't open fully.
During Normal Operation
121: "exchange_to_rack no_dvd". There is no DVD in the exchange box to be fetched, This shouldn't happen.
122: "exchange_to_rack retrieve_fail". Unable to fetch the DVD from the exchange slot. Possible causes: DVD case is open, serial communication error between the control board and the carriage board.
123: "exchange_to_rack Unknown Error".
124: "exchange_to_rack Error": Unable to insert into rack slot and unable to return to exchange box.
131: "grabber_to_rack no_dvd". A DVD can't be inserted into the exchange box, when it is being returned to the rack, grabber reports there is no DVD on it. Almost likely to be caused by serial communication errors.
132: "Exchange_to_rack insertion fail". A DVD can't be inserted back into the rack plate after it failed to be inserted into the exchange box. Vertical alignment is off, or there is a serial communication error.
133: "grabber_to_rack Unknown Error".
141: "Unrecognized DVD in exchange box'.
142: "Unknown object in exchange box'.
143: "DVD in exchange box, unable to insert into the rack"
144: "DVD in exchange box, unable to retrieve"
145: "DVD in exchange box, then got stuck on carriage"

These are all the ones that I have a list on. If there are others, I don't know about them.

Mike

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike do you make money with your kiosks? You said they were a great writeoff but you haven't talked about making money with the kiosks.

Jaclyn said...

Mike I also had a similar question. My wife and I are in the same boat as you and your wife were when you were thinking of getting into this business. How profitable is it? If you could give me kind of a ball park range on how much each of your machines make I would really appreciate it. You can contact me by phone at 801-458-0416 or email at pbgunter@hotmail.com. My name is Bryson Gunter and I would love to hear from you.

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

Yes, we make money with them. I wouldn't be in it if we don't make any money.

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

Bryson, I'll give you a quick call. As far as giving you a ball park, it's going to be tough. If the month is great for movies coming out, you'll make more. If the weather cools, you'll make more. There are way too many variables to give you an exact number. Remember, I sell my videos to my host stores so I can count on that part of my business. Advertsing is good too. Giving one number is not going to happen. I still will say this, If you don't make more money than the movies you are putting in, you are in the wrong host store. This business is still hugely dependent on where you put your machine. DVDNow and I can't help you with that. That part of the business depends on you. Only you can make this business fly. You also need to be able to rely on your host store manager and the employees. They are your best cheerleaders.

Mike

Anonymous said...

Mike I bought two kiosks. I am having trouble finding insurance for them. I just got a call back from another agency saying unless I had vending experience they didn't want to insure the kiosks for fear of fraud on my part! what??? Who do you use please?

Anonymous said...

Mike I am having trouble getting insurance on my two kiosks. who do you use?

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

My father in law has us set up with a company QBE. They are a national company. In some state, they may go through an agent. They are are a company from Australia. We are set up with a brokerage house in Fargo North Dakota named Concord General Agency. You will have to look them up online. I don't have their number right off hand.

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

Concord General Agency in Fargo North Dakota

720 28th St S
Fargo, ND 58103
(701) 239-9941

javajason said...

So how do you clear the error codes. I have code 86.. there isn't anything stopping the vertical movement, and it moves about 10 inches then stops. any suggestions?

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

If you are sure that there is nothing in your carrier or something snagging it, (and you shut it off, you will need to call DVDNow and have them help you troubleshoot. I have had it happen, but it's always been a dvd jam..

Mike,

You should go to the private group... It's much better for a response... Just join up and I'll accept you in. Top left corner. Google Private Groups..