Thursday, October 2, 2008

Better Merchant Account Pricing from Roy Neese at First Data

So many of you have asked me about merchant accounts and gateways. I've been doing a little bit of homework and so far, I am happy to tell you that I haven't found anyone that's been able to beat Roy Neese in Billings, MT. Yes, Billings... My hometown. I at one time I used a guy by the name of Chris Vayas from Global. This was someone that was recommended to me and after using them for several months, I was paying way too much for charges etc.. I was paying roughly 20% of my revenue to this merchant account. As all of you would have done, I went out on a searching spree to find the ultimate package to save our company the most money.

Over the course of about 2 months, we finally came up with First Data on the national level and our banks request that we check out Roy Neese from First Data on the local level too. It was awesome when we put the national guys plan together and compared it to Roy Neese's plan. It came down to where I asked the guy at the national level if he could beat Roy. He told me "no" and that he can't figure out how he's able to charge what he does. He asked his manager and they could beat Roy and he told him "no".

I am happy to say that I have been with Roy ever since. He's saved me money with his company's plan and I couldn't be happier. Again, I asked him if he could be available to all of you that have a concern on your charges. He's available to run the same plan to you that he has with me and several others that have now converted over to him. Since Roy still represents First Data, you can use them but you need to call Roy and use "FIRSTDATAMT" as your merchant account and choose who you want to use as your gateway. If you like 3C's, use them, If you like "Your Pay", use them. USE THE CODE "FIRSTDATAMT" as the Code for the Kiosk charging system that Roy uses for us.

For those of you that are just getting started, call Roy before you sign anything. He'll analyze it for you and explain these plans to you. Sometimes it's hard finding someone you can trust. I'm happy to tell you that he's very reliable and someone you can call if you ever need anything.

Sincerely,
Mike Weiland
http://readydvd.com

11 comments:

Speedy DVD said...

Hi Mike,

Do you have the phone number for Roy neese at First Data.

Thanks
Daniel Sanchez

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

First Data Commercial Services
Office - 406-259-2503
Fax - 954-509-9281
E-mail: roy.neese@firstdata.com

YOU MUST USE THIS CODE FOR DVDKiosk Pricing Plan: DVDFIRSTDATAMT

vesmontana said...

Hi Mike,

Can Roy beat the 10-11 percent we currently pay? If so did first data let you out of your contract with them to go with Roy? I got burned by Global Payments and I am still paying for a statement that I dont need! Thanks!

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

I was with Global and left my account open with them until my contract was over. I set up a new account with Roy and used it while my account with Global was still open, just not being used. We dumped them after keeping them open for several months. The answer to your question is "yes". I think you need to let Roy look over what your account looks like right now. He'll be honest with you and tell you if it's worth it or not. I went from Global to researching FirstData on the national level. I was then able to talk to Roy on the local level and have him put together a program that has saved me tons of money. Heck the phone call is free... Why not ask him? He does all the work for you anyway. I trust him and that's why I recommend him. He's taken several people on now and they are all happy with him.

Sincerely,

Mike
http://readydvd.com

Gautam Talluri said...

Mike,

I bought two kiosks recently and in the process of setting up the Merchant account. Can you give me the contact info of Roy Neese from First Data, so that I can talk to him? Don't all First data agents have the same rates? I didn't understand what you mean by First Data on National level and local level. I want to talk to you, could you please provide me a contact number to reach you? Or you can call me at 972-623-8885

Thanks,
Gautam

iCinema DVD said...

I've been with Roy Neese now for a little over a month and am very happy so far. The charge structure is looking good. Nice refferal Mike.

Unknown said...

When making a decision on your merchant account services; there are two a couple of options. DVDNow provides you with contact info for Jonathan at First Data. On this blog - Mike recommends that you contact Roy at First Data. Both offer basically the same fees. The difference is with the Gateway. Jonathan will use 3C as the gateway and it is more expensive but offers better reporting and customer service. You will need to seriously consider 3C is you have purchased more than 1 kiosk. Roy sets you up with the YourPay Gateway. It is a better all inclusive value, but the YourPay reports are limited and you will not be able to distinguish revenue from specific kiosks. 3C reports are better in that you will be able to distinguish revenue from specific kiosks. Please note that Jonathan can also set you up with a YourPay account and Roy can also set you up with 3C gateway. Please be aware of this when you are in the process of setting up you merchant services. You should contact (me) Mark Rudolph at DVDNow if you have any questions or concerns.

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

Thanks for the info. Mark. Roy is still less money from First Data. We've gone that route. Also, remember, Roy CAN get you set up with either 3C's or Your Pay (it's your choice). I signed up with Your Pay because we have several folks here that use Discover. 3C's does not work with Discover. We chose Your Pay and we have 5 machines. It works pretty well(For us) We can also tell what each of our machines are doing. BUT, I don't expect you all to do what we are doing. Everyone has their own way of doing things.
The merchant account is where my focus is. That's the only reason I have Roy listed. He's less money and he's been pretty darn good about helping me out with issues in the past. He's a phone call away and takes care of me. Regardless of who you select, I'm basing everything on price and service.
It's always worth a second look when you think you are spending more than you think you should be. That's why I switched over a year go.

Just my two cents.

Mike Weiland
http://readydvd.com

Kyle B. said...

I would also like to add that you have to sign a two year contract with 3C. Currently I am having some problems with 3C their server has been not working properly and in the last 2 months I have recieved calls from my locations, oh the credit cards are not going through again. I would like to pay for a reliable service. I am not sure but now 3C is six card solutions and I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
As for my merchant account, I am going through first data with Jonathan and my costs are about 8.5% per month. I don't know if this is high, I feel like it is. But Jonathan tells me it is not. Any Thoughts?

Mike at ReadyDVD said...

That sucks! Not sure what to tell you on that end. As I have mentioned, I use "Your Pay" or I believe it's called Global Gateway now. You should talk to your account representative and tell them. It costs you money and you are still paying them for their service. I'd be a little disappointed and would ask them how they are going to make up for it. A contract is only binding if the product works isn't it?

Sincerely,
Mike Weiland
http://readydvd.com

Unknown said...

Updated contact information - my fax server was changed

Roy Neese
First Data
Office - 406-259-2503
Fax - 402-315-5179
E-mail: roy.neese@firstdata.com